Yes, you heard it right. It’s hardly a secret that an incongruously dark ages mentality taints and pervades the echelons of Singapore’s leadership and civil service, especially where animals, aka the voiceless, voteless ones, are concerned. This is the latest salvo from THEM. It’s the brainchild of Dr Teo Ho Pin, mayor and overall-in-charge of the Town Councils.
Chronology of posts on Dawn’s blog. Read and feel the sting of your jaw hitting the health-pebble pathway.
- 11 May 07. Meeting with TC
- 23 May 07. TNRM
- 24 May 07. Dr Teo’s reply
- 25 May 07. Working with RCs and CCs
- 28 May 07. TC General Managers Meeting
- 28 May 07. Meeting today
- 28 May 07. Speaking at the meeting
- 29 May 07. A sense of ownership
- 29 May 07. Working formally with the TCs
- 30 May 07. ST (30-5-07) (Letter: Let’s hope town councils do not start a ‘holocaust of cats’. Alt link to letter here.)
- 30 May 07. What do you see?
- 30 May 07. Positive feedback to TC?
- 30 May 07. Removing cats to be placed in private estates (calsifer: I WURV this one)
- 1 Jun 07. Extra work?
- 2 Jun 07. ST (2-6-07) (Letter: Health and property deserve priority over stray cats. Anti-cat response to the one on 30 May. Alt Link here. Interestingly, 51 comments on this post)
- 4 Jun 07. Risk
- 5 Jun 07. ST (5-6-07). (Letters: Cats blamed for Acts not of their doing, Root problems caused by irresponsible owners of unsterilised animals. Responses to anti-cat response on 2 Jun. Alt link here)
- 12 Jun 07. Workshop and meeting
- 27 Aug 2007. Update: Town Councils’ ZERO Stray policy based on shaky logic
- 29 Aug 2007. Update: Town Councils’ ZERO Stray policy – Dr Teo Ho Pin’s reply
- 7 Sep 2007. Update: Town Councils’ ZERO Stray policy – waiting on Dr Teo
(LIST UPDATED 20071018)