[ACRES] ACRES Wildlife Rescue Centre Volunteer Day tomorrow! Inbox
Dear ACRES Supporters,
The animal enclosures at the ACRES Wildlife Rescue Centre (AWRC) are almost ready for their residents, but we need YOUR help in giving the final touch to welcome the animals.
We are in urgent need of volunteers on ACRES Volunteer Day on 3rd (Saturday) and 4th (Sunday) November 2007! Help us paint, clean, plant trees, do some gardening and build ponds in the animal enclosures. Many hands make light work! It’s also a great opportunity to meet other animal advocates, and to get one final glimpse of the AWRC before it officially opens.
Volunteering starts at 10am and finishes at 5pm on both days. There will be a tour of the AWRC at 10am on both days. If you would like to volunteer, please email Patricia (email@example.com) to confirm the days and times you can help out!
We are also having an adoption drive for enclosures at the AWRC! Help the animals by adopting an enclosure. We will be proud to place your name on a sign at your enclosure at the AWRC, highlighting your strong support!
We would like to thank Bengawan Solo for sponsoring and providing vegetarian refreshment for the volunteers this weekend. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Things to bring:
– Your own drinking water/ food (please remember to recycle plastic bottles)
– Paint rollers, paint trays, poles (for painting higher areas) and masking tape
– Gardening gloves
– Cloth/rags for wiping and old newspapers
– Garden scissors
– Trash bags
Directions to AWRC:
- The AWRC (91 Jalan Lekar) is beside the Qian Hu Fish Farm (71 Jalan Lekar, Sungei Tengah Singapore 698950).
- Here’s the map (zoom out to get a better picture): http://maps.yellowpages.com.sg/maps/scripts/default.asp?postcode=698950&applicationInd=yp
- To get to Qian Hu, you can take Bus No. 172 from Choa Chu Kang Interchange / Boon Lay Interchange or Bus No. 975 from Bukit Panjang Interchange and alight in front of the Home Team Academy (Old Choa Chu Kang Rd). From there it’s about a 1 kilometre walk to Qian Hu (Follow the sign and turn into Jalan Lekar).
- If you are driving, take KJE, exit no. 5 and follow signs to Qian Hu Fish Farm.