This is so funny it’s not even cute when you think about the foundation it is built on, because there may just come a day this comes to pass, ala the AWARE saga.
Fanaticism and the self-righteous drive to make everybody convert or perish is not something new to me. I have passing awareness of the NARasitic plague inflicting the US. But I would never have thought it would be happening on any level worth worrying in staid old Singapore. How wrong I am.
Read this to the end, including the comments (which have very informative links, circulated correspondences, plus thoughts by proponents on both sides): The AWARE steeplejackers and their deep connections to Joel’s Army and American dominionists
A partial steeplejacked church checklist, which apparently started in the 1940s:
- Features overtly anti-gay.homphobic stance/doctrine
- Promotes publications by NAR authors/leaders
- Forbids ancestral worship, traditions – collectively “generational curses”
- Intercessory prayers
- Promotes and encourages takeover of societal pinions like Government, Arts, Culture
- Association or links in any way with Focus on the Family
Nobody’s safe from the insanity. Since I became aware of FotF (thanks to Josie Lau), I am highly disturbed that the TODAY tabloid has been featuring a column by Focus on the Family in its Voices section for ever. Even worse, FotF is actually a registered non-profit organisation in Singapore, apparently claiming itself non-religious. How did this ever come to pass?
- Something that may be making the rounds
- Observations of a lapsed citizen
- Okay-Calming Down
- Already Plotting Next Move
- Why Tell Teens Homosexuality is ‘Neutral’?
- Mr Wang’s Straight Talk on Sex Education – Part 1
- Sex, Suicide and Poetry
- The 8th Germinal of Thio Su Mien
- Defending the right of Christians to discuss
Note: I know, I know, I said the trilogy was the end of the affair but I just had to get this off my chest. So while I may come back to revise and update this, with this post the minionly focus on human affairs is closed. But while we attend to some real-life issues and try to juggle them with the kitty services, please bear with our slackerly rate of REAL updates.