Treated as vermin, culled endlessly, abused and mistreated… you’d have thought a country named after a Big Cat would treat the little cats better. But life in the Lion City is no cake walk for the domestic cat.
The Tipped Ear Clan is formed by some of these drain cats. They are the tipped ear clannies because they’ve been sterilised and have had their ears tipped (ie had the tip of one ear removed, usually the left in Singapore, to identify them as neutered cats that will no longer reproduce). Because we minions rob them of their mojo, serve them dinner, and care for them, it is collectively called Trap-Neuter-Release-Management or TNRM.
If you support the tipped ears and would like to contribute to their soup-kitchen budget or a mojo-robbery, click here
- The Clans
- Area 1
- Area 2
- Area 3
- Honarary Clan Members
- Semi-pet cats
List of clannies moved into foster care:
List of clannies looking for homes or rehomed: Adoptions
Sub pages under Tipped Ears (info and reference):
- Abandonment and homelessness
- Club Rad – irrational cat complainants
- Feeding the army – essentials
- Filing a police report in cases of ABUSE
- Government (ir)rationale for banning cats from 85% of homes
- How to sterilise stray cats?
- Ok, I get TNRM now. Cool! Where do I sign up?
- Responsible Feeder Bag
- Singapore’s Love-Hate Relationship with TNRM
- The Clannies dictating our lives
- TNRM – minions on cat business
- TNRM 101 – the Practical Handbook you can’t buy, but can read for FREE
- TNRM Useful Resources
- Tracking – TNRM Reimbursement from CWS
- What’s TNRM?
- Why the reluctance to sterilise
- You Don’t Have To LOVE Them, Honest!