Getting a cat to settle down into your home isn’t an exact science. There’s a few things to consider, and these are mainly based on whether you’re getting another cat or just starting out with your first kitty.
Some good pieces of advice:
- Bringing your new cat home by FABcats (includes tips on introducing your cat to other cats and dogs)
- How to Introduce Your New Cat to the Rest of the Tribe “Slowly” and “Patiently” are the operative words
- Tips For Introducing A New Cat To Your Cat(s)
- LIVING TOGETHER – INTRODUCING A NEW CAT
Remember though, that you’ll need to work with your cat(s), and consider their comfort level and tolerance threshold. For example, aTm, a cat rescued by vegancatsg, was adopted 3 times before he found his permanent home, and that was because his family gave him the allowance to settle down on his schedule and terms.
In any case, please also think about you situation and consider: How Many Cats is Too Many?
You might want also want to refer to:
- One is really not the answer you want
- On the other hand, you don’t want to be the lord-parent of the species either
Also, consider if you are prepared: I’m a new cat parent, and I’m clueless, HELP!
(Created: 29 Mar 06. Updated: 9 Aug 07)